Standing on your feet all day can quickly take its toll, leaving your feet in immense pain that causes difficulty completing work and other day-to-day activities. Although you may be unable to change the need to stand on your feet all day, minimizing the discomfort felt before, during, and after is possible.
Minimizing Foot Pain with Comfortable Shoes for Standing
Several methods exist that enable you to minimize the pain experienced in your feet. It’s a good idea to use several of those methods to keep foot pain away. One of the most important things that you can do to minimize foot pain is purchase comfortable footwear for standing.
Not all shoes are created equally. Although you may be able to fare perfectly well with a cheap pair of shoes when you’re not standing all day, just the opposite is true if your job or other functions require constant standing. It is important to carefully choose the shoes you’ll wear when standing all day.
Although at one time wearing comfortable shoes for standing meant sorting through your grandma’s closet, today there are many stylish choices in support shoes. No matter your age or gender, these shoes enhance your appearance while also providing the extra support that you need.
Comfortable shoes for standing offer the following qualities:
- Proper fit (It is recommended that you visit a shoe professional for a proper fitting).
- American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA) certification.
- Choose shoes designed for the activity that keeps you on your feet all day because each style of shoe is made for a specific purpose different form the next pair.
- A podiatrist can have you fitted for shoes to determine the proper size and fit.
- The best shoes are stiff in the middle but are more flexible and bendable in the middle.
- Choose shoes that are recommended by the APMA. Shoes recommended by the APMA include Reebok International and ASICS.
Say Farewell to Foot Pain with these Tips
Once you’ve secured comfortable shoes for standing, the following tips are also beneficial to use to help ease foot pain. Put each tip below to use and rejoice as the pain you experience disappears over time.
- Take care of your feet! Who said anything is wrong with a bit of pampering of the feet? Pedicures are just one way to take care of your feet.
- Whenever possible, alternate between sitting and standing.
- Wear low high heels on occasions when they’re necessary, saving the larger heels for parties and special events.
- Don’t stand in the same spot for too long. Walk around, move around, and change positions constantly.
- Wear compression socks and/or pantyhose.
- Calf and hamstring stretches, as well as regular exercise and physical activity, all contribute to ease of standing for extended time periods.
- Insert orthopedics and insoles into your shoes for added comfort. Custom-made orthopedics can change the way that you stand!
- When it is time for new shoes, do not delay making the purchase. Watch for signs of wear in your shoes! It is estimated that a pair of athletic shoes last an average of 300 – 400 miles, but only if it is a quality pair.
The Bottom Line
With comfortable shoes for standing, combined with the above tips, minimizing foot pain is easier than you thought possible. Take the time to find the most comfortable shoes for standing for your needs with a bit of research (and recommendation from friends, family, etc.) The sooner that you put this information to good use, the sooner you’ll get the foot pain relief that you desire.